Bollywood has come a long way since its outset. From the acting to the plots to how the movies toll, and it totally safe to say that it gets as better as it can. However, if there is one decade in Bollywood whose charisma can never be imitated, the good old ’90s. Many great movies have been collected in the box office market, but the Bollywood of the ’90s is in another sodality!
They taught us to grow through the motto- ‘Love, Laugh & Live’. From Kuch Kuch Hota Hai to Border, here are 11 Bollywood movies that sum up Bollywood for every millennial:
1. Kuch Kuch Hota Hai taught us that Pyaar Dosti hai.
It also showed us a glimpse of college life and we couldn’t wait to go to college already. Also, that friendship bands are cool!
2. For us, DDLJ was the definition of ‘one true love.’
The movie redefined love for our generation and for many generations to come.
3. Hum Saath Saath Hain and Hum Aapke Hai Kaun inspired us to be sanskaari.
The number of Alok Nath films we watched was directly proportional to the number of sanskaars we got.
4. Dil Toh Pagal Hai introduced us to the term ‘love triangle!’
It also taught us how to let loose and shake a leg.
5. We took inspiration from Andaz Apna Apna to laugh at ourselves.
Teja, mark idhar hai!
6. Jo Jeeta Wohi Sikandar brought out the competitive spirit in us.
When Aamir Khan cycled his way to victory, we had the same adrenaline rush.
7. Border brought out the patriotic in us.
When Akshaye Khanna and Suniel Shetty died fighting for the country, we cried as we lost our own.
8. Khamoshi made us understand the true language of language.
Love doesn’t speak any specific language. Emotions are enough!
9. We got the courage to fight for our beloved from Pyar Kiya Toh Darna Kya.
And also that being shirtless is cool!
10. Pardes taught us that no matter where we go, a home will always be home!
Bollywood has come a long way since the ’90s with some movies even being remade. But the simplicity and magic of the movies back then just cannot be replicated.
We miss the good old days of Bollywood!